Hybrid cars are quite prevalent in Pakistan. Nowadays, most people prefer buying hybrid cars than other locally manufactured sedan cars. These cars reduce emissions, save fuel and recharge the batteries of the car without being plugged in.
How do hybrid cars save fuel?
Hybrid cars consist of a regenerative braking system. When sedan cars are moving at a faster speed and a driver suddenly applies the brakes to stop the car, the energy that transfers from engine to tyre gets lost in braking. On the contrary, hybrid cars store that energy in the battery. They have rotating generators that are located in the opposite direction to the tyres so when the brakes are applied, the energy gets transferred from generator to the battery to get stored. These cars also save fuel even when they get stuck in the traffic or are moving at a slow speed.
Benefits of Hybrid cars
- Hybrid cars have both an electric motor and a low-capacity engine that though provide power similar to a big car engine but yet save energy.
- A buyer has to pay the same tax on hybrid car as any other local car.
- You can keep any electric accessories in the compact cars since they are powered by large-capacity battery.
- Compact cars have effective sensors.
- Hybrid cars mostly run on electric motors, thus creating no sound pollution.
Many compact cars and semi-compact cars such as Mini Cooper, Honda Vezel, Toyota Prius, etc are common in Pakistan. A non-hybrid car like Mini Marque are also in a high demand in Pakistan. Toyota Prius with a manufacturing year of 2007 and above are common in Pakistan. Prius is available at PKR 14 to 16 lacs. It contains a 1.5L 1NZ-FXE hybrid engine that produces 100 HP power with an average distance of 18-25km/l. Similarly, Honda Fit/Shuttle with a model year of 2009-2013 are prevalent in Pakistan. It consists of two body shapes: one, the station wagon and the other, hatchback. It is available at PKR 14 lacs to 16.50 lacs. Honda Insight is also a good value for money. It costs somewhere around PKR 14 lacs to 17 lacs. It has the best engine configuration as well. Besides that, Rover Marque, Daihatsu Boon, vXR are also quite prevalent in Pakistan.